Monday, October 7, 2013

Taking steps, or so I've heard.

Apparently, Audrey took three steps in a row on Saturday. She wobble, walked from the couch to the coffee table.

I say apparently because I was working, so I did not witness this milestone. JT excitedly texted me the news, and I tried not to cry.

I may have mentioned to him that it would be OK if he didn't tell me about big milestones that happen when I'm not home.
But really, I know he was super excited and I was too.

I wouldn't want him not to tell me. It will be special for me when I see Audrey's take steps for the first time whether it is the first time she has ever done it, or just the first time I have seen her.'Cause let's be real, I'm not going to be there to witness every milestone.

At least this is what I keep telling myself.

We are fortunate in that if she has walked at daycare we have no idea. Our daycare provider doesn't  tell us if stuff like that happens. It is not her first rodeo. Just one reason why she rocks.
I'm sure Audrey will be taking more steps in no time. She stands unassisted for quite a bit and loves to wobble/fall/reach from one piece of furniture to another. She is working hard on walking. Such a big girl!
I don't have any video yet, as I was not there. But will get some soon, I hope.
In other news, the government is still shut down. So, JT is not working. Such fun.

He has been keeping busy being a house husband and going to the gym. I am getting pretty used to having a house husband. However, losing my house husband so we can have 60% of our income back is an adjustment I am happy to make. I hope to adjust sooner rather than later.

We will end on a happy note, because really who wants to hear about JT's furlough problems.

Because JT hasn't been working we have been able to do more fun things like take Audrey to the park after daycare. She is finally willing to crawl on wood chips. This has made the park a whole new experience.

Swinging is still her favorite. You cannot argue with these photos.





No comments:

Post a Comment