Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day

Warning: this post is super sappy. I have amazing dads in my life, sorry.

I am so fortunate to have an amazing dad.

My dad rocks. I don't really need to say any more than that. He is supportive, kind, helpful, loving, etc., etc. I am SO lucky. I love you dad. Thank you for being you.

He is also a great grandpa, Audrey is blessed with two incredible grandfathers. They are both putty in her hands. I'm sure she will take advantage someday. For now they dote on her and she smiles and giggles for them. Everyone is happy.

The dad I really want to thank today, though, is my wonderful husband.
JT is an awesome dad. He loves being a dad and it shows.
Not only does he love spending time with Audrey, he takes his role as a parent seriously. We both work, so we try to parent and keep house as equals. We have all seen the articles that say even though most families with two working parents try to live this way, the woman ends up doing way more housework and parenting.

That is not the case in our house. If anything I do less housework, seriously.

JT washes the bottles everyday. He usually washes the diapers and almost always does our laundry. He puts Audrey to bed twice a week so I can go to roller derby, he cleans the house, and cooks if needed. There is so much more, but the point is he is an amazing father and, if possible, an even better partner. I am so very lucky to have him in my life.

Most importantly, Audrey loves him so much. He can almost always get a smile and a giggle from her, even if she is super cranky. She is already a daddy's girl. I love watching them. It melts my heart everyday.
 I hope you had a great first father's day, JT. You are an incredible father and partner. Thank you.

** Clarification - I did not mean to imply that staying home to raise your kids is not work. I should have said we both work outside the home. I also did not mean to imply that if you do stay at home all of the chores should be your responsibility, of course that is not true. I probably should have just left our work status out of it. Sorry if I offended anyone, I respect the work stay at home moms do a great deal. Keep doing the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment