Sunday, March 3, 2013

Doots Goes to Daycare

Last week was Audrey's first week at daycare. She went Monday through Thursday and did great. She didn't seem to miss a beat. I think I did pretty darn well also. I missed her a lot, but I didn't cry when I dropped her off and I did actually get work done, so I'd say I did pretty well. It helps that our daycare provider is a friend so we already feel really comfortable with her. I didn't even take a picture when I dropped her off. Thankfully JT thought to take one when she got home from her first day of daycare.

In other news, the swaddle free era did not last long. Although Audrey likes to sleep unswaddled, she does not sleep as well. So, we wrapped her back up. Sorry doots. We'll try again in a few weeks. 


We also took Audrey out to dinner for the first time this weekend. She's done breakfast and lunch a couple times, but this was the first dinner. She did really well. Sat in her car seat for a bit and then fell asleep on me when she got tired. I had to eat one handed, but I will take that over a screaming baby every time!
 I would like to take a moment to mention how much doots loves her daddy. She loves him A LOT. He can get smiles from her with almost no effort, it is way easier for him than me. It is very sweet to see her face light up when she sees him.
 Big things will be happening for the little girl in the next couple of weeks. Next weekend she will get to watch me play roller derby for the first time and the next weekend she takes her first plane ride to Minnesota. Let's hope the blog post about that is uneventful.



 

1 comment:

  1. Glad everything is going so well, Kristin!
    If you have any questions about flying with Audrey, let me know. We flew with Ryan when he was 3.5 months. Nursing at take off and landing worked really well. It's a nice age for travel because he was happy to be held.

    ReplyDelete