Sunday, February 10, 2013

SNOW

Lots of things have happened in the life of Audrey this week. She started grabbing her toys, she's giggling all the time, she still loves to stand and kneel, she likes superwoman tummy time, and she got to experience snow for the first time.

We'll start with snow because it is my favorite. Shasta and I like snow a lot more than everyone else in this house. JT is indifferent, the cats hate it, and so far Audrey does not seem too thrilled. I think she'll come to my side next year. I love the snow. It is beautiful. It is fun. It is what should happen in the winter. When there is snow winter is fun, winter is no fun when it is cold and there is no snow. We finally got about 5 inches of snow at one time Friday. Which means I got to go cross country skiing in the woods across the street and Audrey got to have a snow photo shoot. The cross country skiing was fantastic, I plan to go again today. The photo shoot was also fantastic, but mostly because of all the unsure faces Audrey was making. She was not so sure about being stuffed into a snowsuit and set down on cold snow. She also was not thrilled with how bright it was outside. Of course, I took these pictures on one of the two sunny winter days in Michigan. Lansing has more cloudy days than Seattle and they all come in the winter. I can't say that I blame her for not loving being used as my prop, but I got a few cute photos. We even borrowed Dos's sled for a couple pictures. Thanks Dos!

Attempt one with the sled was not a success. She is still a little small for it and I did not do a good job of propping her up. Despite what it looks like, I promise no babies were harmed in the making of this photo.
Not digging the sled yet.

So bright outside.

Her arms were like this whenever she was laying down. I think she was trying to punch me.
 The second trip to the sled went better. She's still not thrilled but at least it doesn't look like she is in pain. Next year we can move the sled while she's in it, that will be fun.
Attempt two with the sled.

Super girl!
In other news, Audrey is getting really good at playing by herself on her play mat. She lays there watching and grabbing her toys while cooing and giggling. It is really fun to listen to her.

 Making funny faces and sticking her tongue out are also favorite pastimes. I love taking pictures of all of the faces she makes. I'm sure she will thank me someday (or maybe not).
Rock on!!

Big giggling smile.

Perfect surprised face.
Standing and kneeling are high on her list of preferred activities. The kneeling is a bit weird but she really likes to go back and forth between the two while in one of our laps. It is pretty much her favorite thing to do, other than the play mat. Tummy time is not her favorite but she does like superwoman tummy time. Doot doot has a super strong neck, she can hold her head up really well, even when she is being superwoman. You just have to watch out for drool bomb. I won't post the pictures that feature drool bombs. I am sure that you and Audrey both are thankful for this omission.
Standing

Kneeling

Superwoman tummy time

Superwoman tummy time

Our little doot doot is starting to be so much fun to interact with. It is so fun to see her face light up in a smile when she sees one of us, to try to imitate the faces we make at her, and to giggle at everything. She has such a happy, easy going personality. She's the best. Which is why I am feeling very sad that I have to go back to work next week. It is going to be really hard to be away from doot doot for 9 hours a day 4 days a week. I am going to miss that little girl so, so much.  But I know I will also enjoy working again. I just wish I could work a little less so I could have a little more time with the peanut. I will adjust and it will be fine, but it will be really hard at first. Sad mama.

How could you not miss this face.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment