Sunday, May 18, 2014

Family time is the best time.

This weekend we had nothing going on. Nothing. That almost never happens.

It was glorious. We did all of the fun things. Well, all of the fun things in our yard and neighborhood.

We went on a walk in the wood. However, I do not have any pictures. Mom fail. I didn't even have my phone with me.

Audrey had a blast. We let her blaze the trail, which means we mostly walked back and forth on the same part of the trail but she had so much fun. By the end she had figured out the roots so well she was running everywhere. So fun.

Not only do we have awesome woods right across the street, we have an awesome yard. By awesome I mean big and fun for kids to explore. I do not mean awesome in a landscape architecture sense. In that regard we fail quite miserably. But we like our yard of weeds and big trees.

The yard, the woods, the potential outdoor fun is exactly why we bought this house. Of course there have been issues and expenses and all the normal, annoying things that happen when you own a home. BUT weekends like this are exactly what we pictured when we chose this home. Walks in the woods and fun days playing in the huge yard with kiddos.

I do have pictures from our day in the yard.

Audrey practiced her golf skills. Dad practiced hitting pine cones and dandelions.

She did some gardening.
She worked on her burpees. She was quite a bit faster today. Progress.
She flew high.



And she kicked a ball around for quite awhile. I don't have any pictures of that. I was too busy running around kicking the ball with her. A child after my own heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment