Thursday, March 27, 2014

Mommy's little helper

Audrey always wants to watch me cook. No matter what I am doing if I am in the kitchen doing something she wants to watch. Or even better, help.

She likes helping me make cookies.
Relax, we were making fake cookies from banana, peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips, and honey. They are fake because they do not contain sugar. Cookies contain sugar.

She is not eating raw egg dough. I can't promise that won't happen someday soon, but this dough was clean.

Making granola bars is also lots of fun.
Stirring kale and cheese egg scramble for dinner? Yes, please!
I actually really love that she likes to be involved in the kitchen. However, sitting her on the counter requires a lot of focus on her and holding her is hard. She is heavy. We need to get a learning tower so she can stand up and see what I am doing. Until then I should probably just start wearing her in the carrier on my back while I am cooking. Then she can see and I can have two hands and not be doing everything while backing away from the counter to make sure she doesn't fall off. Everyone wins.

We will figure something out. I am just happy my little lady likes to help in kitchen just like I did!

She also recently has decided she needs to use silverware to eat all of her food. This is both very messy and very slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment