Tuesday, September 8, 2015

The kissing hand

Audrey has a book called the kissing hand. It is a super sweet story about a mama and baby racoon. The baby misses the mama when he goes to school, so the mama kisses the babies hand and then tells him whenever he misses her he can just put his hand to his cheek and feel the warmth and love of his mama. It truly is the sweetest book. Thank you whoever gave it to us, Ms. Keisha and Ms. Kaylie I think?

The scene is bedtime last night. We lay in bed with A and read stories and then she cuddles with one or both of us for a bit before lights out. There is usually some negotiating about the end of cuddle time. I was laying next to her and she gave me her hand and asked me to kiss it. I obliged of course. She then gave me her other hand and did the same, again I obliged. The she said " now I have my kissing hands, mommy." And then she pressed her hand to her check and closed her eyes and smiled.

Oh. My. I. Can't. Even. I melted into a puddle right there in her bed. It was just the absolute sweetest thing ever. Made even sweeter by the fact that we had not read the kissing hand yesterday and there was no mention of kissing hands before she did this.

Sweetest girl with a huge heart and big healthy brain.

I just love her so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment