Thursday, July 9, 2015

If we only had one baby...

This post was supposed to got like this: list a bunch of times when I think if we only had one baby life would be easier because x,y, or z would be done. And then list a bunch of reasons why having twins more than makes up for the if we only had one baby.

Here is the deal. We have had a couple of weeks that have been hard. Travel, growth spurts, teeth. Hard stuff. The brothers are not big enough to do a lot of the very endearing twins things, and quite frankly I can't think of very many reasons why two babies are better than one right now.

Of course I love always having a baby available to love. And I love it when they hold hands. That is the absolute sweetest. It is also great when they get so excited to see each. Priceless. I would not trade them for one baby, not today, not ever.

I know the intense brotherly love will only grow over time, and I will one day have a huge list of reasons why twins are the bomb dot com.

But.

Today is not that day.

Today life with twins is hard.

When one baby sleeps the other wakes.

When one baby is content to play the other needs to be held.

When one baby is happy the other is sad.

When my head hits the pillow for bed one baby is hungry.

When I need to work before the kids get up one baby is up at 5:30.

And so it goes on.

Right now, on this day life with twins is hard. I love them to the moon and back. I would not trade them for the world. But real talk, having two babies is really F-ing hard. For reals.

Someday soon I will write the two babies are greater than one post. But not today. Today two babies are really F-ing hard. Because that is real life my friends.

So cute though.

No comments:

Post a Comment