Wednesday, March 4, 2015

We still have a toddler too.

Audrey hasn't gotten much blog love lately. Well, frankly no one has because, twins! But, I am starting to get some consistent naps from the boys so back to the blog, and house work, we go.

Little miss has changed and grown a lot since I last talked about her. In general, she is a ton of fun right now. Of course there are toddler moments, but for the most part she is really fun to play with.

Right now Audrey's favorite things are Doc McStuffins, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, her doctor box, blocks, cars, and babies/stuffed animals. Her absolute favorite thing to do, other than watch Doc McStuffins, is to give check ups to everyone and thing in our house. Then she says I have a diagnosis just like the TV show. She even sings the songs from the show. I must say I Doc McStuffins is not one of my favorite kids shows to watch, but watching Audrey pretend she is Doc is pretty fun. Even the brothers get check ups.

Speaking of the brothers Audrey loves her brothers and hates it when they are sad. If one or both are crying she says "Oh, no! I make brothers feel better." Then she runs to them and says "It's OK, settle down, don't be sad" sometimes she even sings to them. It is the sweetest, though she also tried to stomp on one the other day. Toddlers.
That doots is getting real big real fast. She sings the A,B,Cs, though she doesn't understand what they mean but still she memorized the song. Her version goes A, B, C, D, E, F, jeep. She is also into problem solving, thank you Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. After her bath the other day she dropped her towel and said "Oh, dear my cold toodles will help." So we called toodles and asked what would help get her warm a comb, a blanket, or Elmo. She said "A blanket!" Clever lady. For those of you who don't know who toddles is, I envy you.

One of my favorite developments is Audrey acknowledging her feelings. She will say mama my feel sad or mama my sleepy. It is sweet. When she is sad (or mad because she didn't get her way) she puts her head down, frowns, and goes and sits in her room until she feels better. I approve of your method of dealing with these feeling doots, please continue this behavior. 
Little lady is getting real big. She even starts swimming lessons with no parents in the water this week. Here's hoping she thinks it is fun. My money is on scared, but we shall see.

I will leave you with this gem of a conversation her and I had at dinner tonight. JT was at basketball so it was just me, doots, and the brothers.

Audrey: Daddy's downstairs?
Me: No, daddy is at basketball.
Audrey: Mama you go to yoga.
Me: Not tonight sweetie.
Audrey: Why?
Me: Because I can't leave you and brothers here alone, it is illegal.
Audrey: It's OK mama, my be OK at my house.

Did you hear that, she is ready to babysit her brothers. So advanced.


2 comments:

  1. We feel your Mickey and Doc pain and love! Our girls have a lot in common! Love your stories and blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Great advice! Mama you go to yoga!

    ReplyDelete