Monday, December 1, 2014

And then we ate Elmo cake.

I am not a big birthday party kind of mom. Sorry Audrey. When you start asking we will talk. In the meantime we celebrate with family at Thanksgiving because we are already with family, and it is close enough to her birthday. Simple, simple family, a little food, a fun cake, and the minimum amount of presents possible.

To me a birthday equals you get whatever dinner you want and mom will make you whatever super fun cake you want. This year Audrey could not decide between chicken nuggets and fries and pizza, so I let her have chicken nuggets for lunch and pizza for dinner, so spoiled I know. She knew what she wanted for her cake though, ELMO!

I grew up with these two traditions and I loved them, so I want to keep them going for my kids. Even if it means decorating an Elmo cake while 30 weeks pregnant with twins. Thank you mom for making the cakes and frosting, that was a big help. I did shape and decorate Elmo though.

And thank you Baba Nancy for taking care of all the other party stuff, because as mentioned above, just not my thing.

Because we do not have Audrey's birthday party on her birthday she got her birthday meal and a cupcake on her actual birthday.

She had to wait for her Elmo cake. She was really excited for it though, she had been talking about her Elmo cake for weeks before her birthday.

She doesn't look so excited while we are singing her happy birthday. Perhaps because she hates it when we sing. I was impressed that she did not hold up her hand and yell "Stop! No, mama no singing!" Which is what she normally does if JT or I dare sing near her.


But you can see how happy she was when she got to start eating Elmo.
She was even happier later when we let her keep grabbing handfuls of cake from the table all afternoon. Her party her rules.

Lots of wonderful gifts were opened after the cake was eaten and Audrey was a happy little two year old. Bedtime could have been easier, but it was worth it for the joy she got from eating all that cake. Love you so much little dooter.

I will get a two year update done soon Ms. Audrey, I promise.



No comments:

Post a Comment